[ANN] darzTimer, a plugin for high-res timing in development

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Aug 10 00:11:10 EDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 7:23 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> To be fair, I didn't install it as a plugin, but just opened the
> darzTimer stack, then the demo stack. I typically don't like inserting
> stuff in my plugins folder for a variety of reasons, so I'd rather
> just open the stack and use it. I just assumed the "FrontScript" and
> "LibraryStack" dropdowns would just work.

By any chance did you have Suppress Messages on when you loaded it?
You mentioned Rev 2.6.1 and mine doesn't automatically turn that on,
but on my system some versions of 2.7 do.

I'll see what I can do to make the plugin tolerant of that.  At
preOpenStack it sets the option menu to match the current state of
the API.  However, it also sets up some values used by the plugin.

Are there some security risks concerning the plugins folder that we
should know about?

Dar