Drawers Conflict :-(

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Wed Aug 9 21:41:37 EDT 2006

Rev 2.6.1 / Mac OS X

Greetings,

This is really the oddest thing and I've spent two days trying to
figure it out and fix it, but am having no luck at all.

In the preOpenStack handler of my main stack, I drawer two sub stacks
of that main stack.  I then hide stack both stacks.

When I click button and use show stack on the first one, it slides
right out as it is suppose to.  But when I click the button to and
use show stack on the second one, it does not slide out, it's
detached but is in drawer form.  Now I can still click the first
button to hide stack the first drawer and it slides back in, but if I
click the second button to hide stack the second drawer, it does
nothing.

In another combination, I did not drawer the stacks in the
preOpenStack, but in the buttons, I would drawer each stack and then
close them.  But the problem there was that if one drawer was out,
clicked the button for the second drawer, the first drawer would be
closed, and vice versa.

I have checked and rechecked my code, checked and played with the
properties of all windows.... I've read and re-read the docs and
can't figure out why this behavior is happening.

One more thing... The first drawer can't be close as even when it is
hidden, it's still be used to maintain a list of files open on the
main stack.  The second drawer is just for additional tools and can
be closed.  Besides the above examples, I did try a few other
variations on how to drawer these stacks and show and hide them.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?  Has anyone a suggestion or
fix for this issue?

Thanks,
-Garrett