[ANN] darzTimer, a plugin for high-res timing in development

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 9 19:04:38 EDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 3:29 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> I DL'd your timer, and the demo and your file. I opened the
> darzTimer stack
> first, then the darzTimerDemo. I set the darzTimer to LibaryStack
> (and tried
> FrontScript too), but could never get the Time 'repeat n times'
> button to
> work.

I cleaned out all I could and then tried to repeat this.  I'm on XP
(SP2?) with Rev 2.6.1 (build 152).

I downloaded the .zip file.  (It seemed to have an extraneous
document in it.)  I pulled the darzTimer 0.1b folder out of the zip.
I opened that and copied the plugin to the plugins folder of Rev
2.6.1.  I opened Rev 2.6.1

I opened the demo stack.  I clicked the button and got the error, of
course.  This is to be expected.  The API has not been inserted.

I chose the Development-->Plugins-->darzTimer menu item.  A palette
opened with an option menu and a display of an example script.  The
option menu was set at "Removed".  I changed the option menu to
"Stack Library".

I clicked the button on the demo stack.  Bingo!  I got timing.  I
tried it with "Front Script" and that worked.

I'll add error checking for things that never should happen.  I am
still at a loss.

Virus checker?  Spyware checker?  lock messages?  limits?  old error
message?

Some sequence of user operations I didn't expect?

Anybody else seeing this?

Dar