Export PNG weirdness

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Wed Aug 9 12:52:42 EDT 2006

On Aug 9, 2006, at 9:36 AM, Unhappy Chris Carroll-Davis wrote:

> weep, weep.
>
> It's the font.    :-(
>
> I haven't worked out what the specific issues are, but it simply
> fails with many, many fonts.

Do you mean that any of many fonts will cause the problem?  Or that
having many fonts (probably those of some characteristic) in the
field will cause the problem?

> Don't know whether it is a problem with Postscript, TrueType,
> Unicode or what.
>
> I suppose I should lodge this as a bug - quite serious, in my
> opinion - since the ability to output images from specific controls
> was one of the features of 2.7.2 I believe.  I've never used
> bugzilla before(!) is it simple to do?

There is a tiny bit of a learning curve and you have to register.  It
has been a long time since I registered or had to navigate to
Revolution Bugzilla.  I jump to a query page with my bookmark and my
login seems to be automatic.

You can also use a stack available from Ken Ray of Son of Thunder
Software.

I hope you do report this bug.  The more you can narrow it down, the
better the response.  You will be able to add details to your report,
so you can report now and add detail as you get it.  On the other
hand, maybe just "lots of fonts" will cause a programmer to cry "Arg,
I knew I shouldn't have limited it to 10!"

I can't think of a simple workaround.  Maybe you can temporarily have
only those displayed lines in the field if the number of lines are
much greater than what can be displayed and only a few fonts are
actually displayed in that small of a space.

What OS?

Dar Scott