Codebase Database API

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Aug 7 18:41:06 EDT 2006

Has anyone (who knows how to write C++ API's for Revolution) had a
look at Codebase? http://www.codebase.com/

It's a database backend that works with xBase tables and indexes. It
seems that while SQL is good for quite a lot of data storage needs,
it is inadequate for anything requiring the perusing of disk based
databases directly in a multiuser environment. The xBase engine was
ideal for this. I would consider investing in an API that could allow
me to open, sort, seek and create on the fly relations for disk based
xBase tables. It would save me a ton of work on my porting project.
Feel free to contact me off list.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management