Handler or function

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 16:12:39 EDT 2006

Liam....

If all you're doing with the calculation results is populating a field, then
it probably doesn't matter a whit whether you use a function or a handler.
The only real difference is that when you call a function, you have to be
aware that it's returning a result and that you MUST call it in such a way
that the result is dealt with (even if "dealt with" means throwing it away).
Thus if you had a handler called calcPrice and a function called calcPrice,
you'd call the handler like this:

calcPrice x, y

and the function like this:

put calcPrice(x,y) into field "foo"

or wherever you want it.

(You probably already know this stuff and if so I apologize for wasting your
time with something obvious but I often find that assuming isn't useful
either.)