Rev's Icon & Similarities to the "R" language???

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 2 04:19:26 EDT 2006

Thanks, Judy

Although the fact that the icon of RR and the "R" language
 (makes me think of the "F" word!!!)
both feature an R is rather like saying that because my first
name (John) begins with a J and so does yours somebody
has got to sue somebody else (must remember to tell my Mum!).

I am honestly not sure how many "themes and variations" one can
produce with an R given the constraints of computer GUI icons.
AND, I am not going to be the one who tries to find out.

Having said that, I will not start downloading the Mac OS version of
the "R" language (which, with my current v. slow internet connexion
should take about 5-6 hours) and see if there is anything to fuss about.

>From a selfish point of view I hope that the "R" language is fairly
similar to xTalk so, should I choose to use it for something, I don't
have too step a learning curve ahead of me.

Thanks again, but probably for quite different reasons than what you
intended - for alerting the RR users to another programming
language/suite.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Philosophical problems are confusions arising owing to the fluidity of meanings users attach to words and phrases."
                                       Mathewson, 2006