LibURL Error Previous request not completed

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Wed Aug 2 03:00:43 EDT 2006

On 1 Aug 2006, at 23:42, Mark Schonewille wrote:

> I'll problaby post an enhancement request to bugzilla regarding
> this problem, if there isn't an entry in BZ yet.

Mark, I didn't see the earlier post on this. (I was away.)

 From your earlier post:

> Right after uploading a dozen of files to my ftp account
> asynchronically using the libUrlFtpUploadFile command, I can't get
> a directory listing using the syntax: get url "ftp://
> name:pass at ftp.domain.com/folder/" (note the trailing slash, as I
> want a listing). Most of the time I receive the error "Error
> Previous request not completed".
>
> It appears the GetURL handler in the revLibURL script doesn't let
> me get the url because the variable lvBlockingUrl is not empty.
> Although everything has been uploaded/downloaded already,
> lbBlockingUrl indicates that one or more transfers are still in
> progress. So, in the GetURL handler, I changed the line which
> checks whether any url's are currently being handled and added
> variable to force the handler to run normally:

Are you doing anything else other than libUrlFtpUploadFile followed
by "get url" for the listing? For example, is there any chance your
script is calling "get url" twice? Or do you make any other url calls
during this process.

The reason I'm asking is that you pointed out a possible problem with
the lvBlockingUrl variable in the libUrl script. But this is not set
by libUrlFtpUploadFile, so is unlikely to be the issue here if you
are only using libUrlFtpUploadFile followed by a single "get url" call.

Another possible source of a "Previous request not completed" message
is the libUrlFtpCommand handler. Are you using that anywhere?

How are you checking that the uploads are complete before getting the
directory listing? The "normal" way would be to use the callback
message from libUrlFtpUploadFile. If you could let me see the script
you are using, I'll give it a run.

Cheers
Dave