2.6 Dreamcard stacks won't launch when converted to 2.7 standalones

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue Aug 1 01:29:23 EDT 2006

On 8/1/06, Curtis Ford <cford at gwm.sc.edu> wrote:

> Can a card be somehow copied or cloned from a 2.6 Dreamcard file into a
> fresh 2.7 one? (I just tried to copy & paste a few objects but nothing
> happened when I chose 'paste.')

Two things here.

Firstly, for some reason I can't explain, keyboard shortcuts occasionally
don't work for paste, you have to choose the menu item. You did indicate you
were 'choosing' but I just wanted to make sure.

Secondly, after selecting an object the menu item should read 'Copy Object',
and once copied, 'Paste Object'. I just started both 2.6.x (I don't have
DreamCard) and 2.7.x IDEs up and if I opened a stack in 2.6 and copied an
object, when I then selected the 2.7.x IDE the menu item didn't say Paste
Object, so it didn't work. I guess you need both stacks open in one IDE
before it will work.

HTH