Is WMV possible in Rev

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Sun Apr 30 20:08:36 EDT 2006

>Hi RJ,
>
>I have Flip4Mac installed and can play WMV files in Revolution,
>running on a Mac with Mac OS X. The best option for cross-platform
>compatibility probably is avi or mpg. These formats can still use a
>variety of encodings and you will want to make sure that the
>encoding is available for all platforms.

But assuming that you already have a library of stuff in WMV files,
how do we implement playback of WMV from within a Rev stack that will
work for BOTH OS X and Windows? Is there a way where this can be
done? This is assuming that there's a bunch of WMV files and it is
not possible nor desirable to transcode them to some other format
(losing quality in the process).

Jesse