OT: The State Of SMIL

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sat Apr 29 23:58:19 EDT 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 4:27 PM, Dan Shafer wrote:

> But in searching the Web, I didn't find very much info on
> SMIL that post-dated about 2002. In 2005, the W3C reved the spec to
> 2.1 but
> nothing has happened since. Not sure all (or any) of those are
> valid data points, but my take is that
SMIL is a frown. :-)

I found the same -- no SMIL "chatter" today,  2006  I was hoping
someone might "prove me wrong" as it seems a useful technology. Hmmm
that makes Revolution itself more alive than SMIL, one could as well,
deliver the same content media  in a stack... it just would not be
playable on the web, but if as you say Firefox does not do SMIL, then
it's a mute point.

http://www.smilguide.com/forums/discussion/1

tells one man's view...

Sivakatirswami