GEDCOM and Rev

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 20:05:50 EDT 2006

On 4/20/06, FlexibleLearning at aol.com <FlexibleLearning at aol.com> wrote:

> Before I re-invent the wheel, has anyone done  any work on a GEDCOM 5.5
> exporter/parser/importer for Revolution or a Rev-based  GEDCOM/XML
> translator/manipulator?

I thought about this, but found a very good wheel in the form of GEDitCom -
for Mac.

http://www.geditcom.com

Obviously it isn't Rev based and only runs on Mac so you may wish to go
ahead with your project but I would recommend downloading the 'Torture Test
File';

http://www.geditcom.com/gedcom.html

Basically if you can import the file, display all the data, then export it
without deleting or adding to the data you will have created a program well
ahead of many of the commercial offerings:-)

Good luck!