transparent grc btn

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 28 13:30:53 EDT 2006

Preston Shea wrote:
> I need to be able to make a transparent graphic or button whose
> border/text will change color when the mouse enters the graphic area
> (not just the border), will change color on mouseUp in the graphic
> area (not just the border) and change back to the old color when the
> mouse leaves the graphic (not just the border). Is there a way to do
> this (must be...)?

Use an image object with a transparent background, where all the white
pixels are transparent. Then use the "mouseEnter", "mouseLeave", and
other mouse messages to trap the movement of the mouse. When the image
has a transparent background, these are only triggered when the mouse is
over a colored pixel, and they ignore the transparent ones.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com