Load - caches and so forth?

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Fri Apr 28 13:21:36 EDT 2006

Dave Cragg wrote:
> I'd be wary of trapping geturl. This is a handler inside libUrl that
> gets called directly by the engine, and it contains some irregular
> syntax.
Yes - what is:

    return  empty  with cachedUrl laLoadedUrls[newUrl]

when it is at home?

> Why not just have your own set of handlers for getting urls.

Guess I could do - but would like it to work transparently for anyones
stuff - a bit like squid - without the need for anyone to alter their
code. Was thinking of actually using a caching proxy, but then thought
well Rev has kind of got a cacheing proxy built in maybe it can be
tweeked...