Missing/Disappearing Substacks

Bill Marriott wjm at wjm.org
Fri Apr 28 07:22:21 EDT 2006

Rev 2.6.1...

I have a main stack "A" with two substacks "B" and "C" (names changed to
protect the innocent). The substacks started out as mainstacks of their own,
but I put them "into" the main stack using the Inspector's "Main Stack"
dropdown.

I trying to use the "hide stack" and "show stack" commands on B and C... but
now that those stacks are hidden they cannot seem to be brought back. Using

show stack "B"

for example, does not work. They do not have taskbar icons. They also do not
appear in the Inspector's popup menu Inspect--> Stack-->.

However,

put the substacks of this stack

lists B and C. Also:

  the iconic of stack "B" = 0
  the rect of stack "B" = a valid, on-screen rect
  the visible of stack "B" = true
  the windowShape of stack "B" = 0

(Same for C.)

I can also get the properties and scripts of objects in the substacks via
the message box. The mainstack file "A" is large enough to indicate that "B"
and "C" are contained within it. But... I simply cannot see the stacks no
matter what I try.