[ANN]: Image-Filter Demo

dreamscapesoftware.com - List list at dreamscapesoftware.com
Thu Apr 27 21:10:44 EDT 2006

> Thanks for the information; works like a charm.

No problem.  Suprisingly, with the exception of Alex Tweedly,  no one really seemed to care about getting the thing to work.  But that's water under the bridge.

> - Are there more tested and useful examples for filter matrix settings available?

On a 3x3 grid, I'm unaware of any.

> - Could such a DLL as "convolve3.dll" be extended to work with larger matrices (5X5 etc.) ?

Yes, but it's out of my league.

> - Would it be possible to produce a DLL to support the use of 8FB-filter files (Photoshop plugins) inside Revolution?

Sure, but that's REALLY out of my league.

There is 1 problem with the code that I've seen so far, and that has to do with the edge of the photo.  The code will exclude a 1 pixel border around the photo as to prevent calculation errors that may occur.  I removed it for testing, and it worked great on creating borderless images, but would crash on anything larger than 200x200 pixeled images.  Shame.

I leave that step to the next person.

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software
www.dreamscapesoftware.com