libURLftpUploadFile limitations

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Apr 27 00:46:51 EDT 2006

On Apr 25, 2006, at 1:50 PM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> One problem here is that the script isn't using the optional
> "message" callback parameter. Using a callback would let you know
> whether an error had occurred with any of the uploads. Also,
> although probably not a problem here, you should use "unload url"
> after using libURLftpUploadFile. I see this isn't included in the
> online docs (I think it used to be). There's an example script at
> the following url:
>
>      http://www.lacscentre.co.uk/liburl/
> liburldoc.html#libUrlFtpUploadFile

Ok.  I have added the callback parameter and found that some of the
files are experiencing problems uploading.  I am wondering if I need
to create a folder before I upload files into it.  An older version
of this stack used to create a dummy file in a non existent folder.
Could this be my problem?  The folder seems to be created anyways,
but maybe it is getting created after my program gives up on the
upload and thus certain files are not making it up.

> BTW, if the files aren't particularly large, I'd probably upload
> them one at a time using "put". I don't think there's any great
> speed advantage using libURLftpUploadFile. It was added for cases
> of exteremely large files that won't fit in memory.

Some of the files are over 40MB.  Thus I chose this method.  Some of
the smallest files are failing.  Size does not seem to be a factor.

Mark Talluto
--
CANELA Software
http://www.canelasoftware.com