Stop IDE from executing stack when opening stack?

Garrett Hylltun garrett at paraboliclogic.com
Wed Apr 26 18:30:27 EDT 2006

Robert Brenstein wrote:
>>> "messages" button. It does the same as "lock messages".
>>>

>> Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!  :-)
>>
>> I was completely freaking out over this as I have put weeks into this
>> and thought I was going to have to start all over again.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> -Garrett
>
> When programming such potentially problematic actions, it is usually a
> good idea to program an escape. Like when holding the control and shift
> key down disables the check or disables executing the quit. Or more
> complicated: if the check fails and alt is down, beep and wait for key
> input. One specific key aborts the quit, others make it continue
> normally. You get the idea :)

Originally I did have such a routine in place.  All was working just
fine until last night when I dumped my harddrive and re-installed OS X
(Spring Cleaning).  Then today I get back to work on my project and this
happened.

Turns out a duplicate control somehow got on my stack and throwing off
the entire program.

-Garrett