Turn Off Double-Entry?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Apr 26 13:12:06 EDT 2006

David Burgun wrote:
> On 25 Apr 2006, at 21:06, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Ton Kuypers  suggested:
>> > use Constellation?
>>
>> A good choice. And there's MetaCard, and devolution, and you can
>> roll you're own....
>
> The problem is for Newbies. If you are learning a new environment you
> really don't want to add to the learning curve by using 3rd party
> tools and writing a Script Editor is way too complex a job for a
> newbie. Besides all that, the reason you use an IDE is to take the
> sweat out of software development, if you can't trust the tools that
> come with it, well..............................

I hear ya', but I have no influence with RunRev.  I can only contribute
what I can:

I can help maintain a script editor that's pretty much bug-free, I can
break it out into its own package to make it accessible to users of
other IDEs, I can enhance it (along with some nifty goodies coming from
Ken Ray) to make it more useful, and I can even give it away -- but I
can't put it in the box.

I'm happy to contribute what I can, but my position is not without
limitations.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal