Turn Off Double-Entry?

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Apr 26 12:52:04 EDT 2006

On 26 Apr 2006, at 16:40, Trevor DeVore wrote:

> On Apr 26, 2006, at 8:18 AM, David Burgun wrote:
>> Also, when a newbie buys RunRev and starts to use it, depending on
>> their past experience, they have a big task to get their head
>> around, a programming language, an IDE and the whole MC concept.
>> They really don't want to take on any more at that time.
>
> Just a different perspective on this -
>
> I always search out 3rd party tools once I start using a
> development environment.  I've never developed apps in CodeWarrior,
> but for Director, Flash, etc., the 3rd party providers were doing
> really cool stuff that made my development life easier and more
> productive.  I think some 3rd party tools can make it easier to get
> started in a new dev environment if it simplifies the task the new
> developer is trying to accomplish.
>
> 3rd party developers have a great benefit in that they can focus on
> a smaller subset of needs than the application developer can.  The
> 3rd party might also have more experience or expertise in a given
> area then the main app developer so they can offer more value in
> that particular area.

True, I totally agree, but if you have to use the 3rd party tools to
overcome simple problems in the basic product then it's a different
story.

In my experience 3rd party tools can also have the side effect of
making the original developer less vigilant in their own product.
What if there were no 3rd party tools for RunRev and no one was
interested in developing them? The question you have to ask is how
much added traffic would there be on this list?

All the Best
Dave