Turn Off Double-Entry?

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Wed Apr 26 11:10:29 EDT 2006

Good point, Dave,
But I'm not sure why we are having this discussion at all.
Whether it takes one click or two clicks to close the script editor is
the least of the problems with the editor and, worse yet, the debugger.
It opens to random window sizes. Sometimes it opens almost off the
screen. Sometimes it opens but simply will not run. Often it will step
though a couple lines of code then drop to the bottom of the handler.
You can set debug checkpoints which do not trigger the debugger at all.
You can set debug checkpoints that get removed when the debugger runs.
The variable watcher misses variables (especially the clickLine). It is
possible to use the spacebar to step through code (although there is no
obvious way to know this) - except that it often will not work for the
first step. Attempting to use the "Find" command in the debugger will
scramble the script editor window and scripts being edited. Etc. Etc.
These issues have been present since the debugger was introduced. They
are there in version after version of Rev. Many are listed in Bugzilla.
Most are obvious to a causual user. But they don't get fixed!
I hope they listen to Scott, but history is not encouraging.
Paul Looney