invalid host address / 60025 on socket error

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 25 15:41:13 EDT 2006

Dave Beck wrote:
> Revisiting another very old problem that I have been encountering:
>
> On some comuters the libURLftpUpload command fails, the URLStatus() function
> returns "error", and the libURLErrorData() function returns either "error
> Error 10065 on socket" or "invalid host address". The last time I brought
> this issue up on the list (although I can't find those posts in the
> archives) nobody could determine what was happening and the issue was left
> unresolved. Recently I traced the problem to a conflict with Norton Internet
> Security. When Norton is enabled, one of these two errors is generated every
> time. But when Norton is disabled, everything works as expected.
>
> Is this a known issue or another new one for bugzilla? Or is the some
> underlying problem that prevents Rev from ftping through Norton?

I haven't heard of that particular issue, so it might be good to report
it. I'm not sure there is anything RR can do about it, but they may as
well know. The "What's New" file does say this about Norton's, which
apparently causes at least one other problem:

Issue:  Use of the "shell" function on Windows systems with Norton
AutoProtect installed may cause a crash.
Workaround:  If you need to use the "shell" function on Windows systems,
disable Norton AutoProtect.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com