OT: Rev's spread to the "dark continents"

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Sat Apr 22 18:19:29 EDT 2006

Bob Warren wrote:

> Also, there are inconsistencies between the way things work in Rev
> Windows and Rev Linux. For example, in Windows, when I imported an
> image, I found that the name assigned to the image box created by Rev
> actually included the HD path name as well as the file name of the
> picture (quite a long resulting name in some cases). In Linux, the same
> thing was a little more rational, employing only the actual imported
> file name (not including the HD path) to name the image box created.

Bob,

I just tried this and didn't get the results you say.

Create a new stack and add a button to it. Set the script of the button to:

on mouseUp pMouseBtnNum
   --> CHOOSE AN IMAGE FILE
   answer file ""
   import paint from file it
   answer the name of last img
   pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

It correctly shows the name of the image as the filename, not the
filepath. Not sure what you're seeing, but I'm on WinXP.

best,

Chipp