Front Row/Remote

Chris Carroll-Davis asgg35 at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Apr 22 15:41:03 EDT 2006

Tom/Ian -

Thanks for the help on this.  What I really want though, is not to
control Front Row, but to "subvert" it altogether.  I want to steal
the input from the remote control so that I can do useful things with
Rev instead.

Specifically, I'd like the menu button on remote to bring a Rev
window to front that could act as an alternative to the Front Row
menu.  On it I could put buttons for my slideshow program, an
internet radio menu etc...

I wish Apple had made the remote control accessible to third-party
developers (to maybe tie-in to Front Row) e.g. there is a really neat
Digital TV USB adapter (Miglia TVMini) which would seem an obvious
extension to the Front Row ethos.  The addition of being able to
watch TV as well as video/DVD seems sensible.  But there is no way of
adding this to Front Row. Shame.

Chris