OT: Rev's spread to the "dark continents"

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sat Apr 22 11:03:21 EDT 2006

Hi Bob,

I am an advocate of life-long education, and I very much appreciate
your "ignorance-reducing" commentaries on places and issues of which I
lack direct experience.  Thank you.

One question off the main subject:

> I don't want to program in Windows any more and I am waiting for a
> hopefully stable 2.7. version of Rev for Linux before I continue my
> programming.

What is the difference between programming RunRev on Windows, MacOSs,
and Linux?  Visual rendering may be a little different; but if one
programs exclusively in Revolution (ie: no externals or shell
commands), the stack layout and scripts are identical.

So why wait?

Rob Cozens, Staff Conservator
Mendonoma Marine Life Conservancy

"True economic development is an increased quality of life,
  wherein people prosper not only in financial terms, but also in
  aesthetic and spiritual terms, sustained by natural beauty,
  wildlife, and healthy ecosystems."

  -- Rod Fujita, Heal the Ocean