Making custom skins for your app

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Fri Apr 21 12:26:00 EDT 2006

On 21 Apr 2006, at 17:16, Xeubie Tsu wrote:

> On my mac, I can make the normal white or brushed metal look for my
> app. Is there a way to import your own specially-made skins? If so,
> is there any program that lets you make them fairly easily?
>
> Thanks.

You can make images in Photoshop, Fireworks or similar and use them
as graphical elements as much as you want, just by importing them as
images. You can use repeating patterns as the background for stacks
and other items.

You can also import PNGs with transparency and use them as masks for
the window - giving the option of all sorts of weird window shapes.

Making them all tends to be down to your design skills, though. ;-)

Ian