Growing Pains for new SuperCard convert

kevin trancepacific at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 10:09:36 EDT 2006

Dear Community,

I am a long-time SuperCard user who is currently in the process of
migrating to Revolution. I'm having a bit of a problem converting a
SuperCard project over to Revolution. First off, I'm using the latest
Mac version of Revolution which I have yet to register, and am working
on a 1.42 GhZ G4. I have a card script in SuperCard containing approx.
40,000 lines of code. I copied this into Word and then from Word into
the corresponding card script  in Revolution. It took 42 minutes to
copy it from Word to Revolution. Now, when I try to edit this script or
do anything in it (even closing the window), it pauses out for about
20-30 seconds. Even if I type a single character, I will get the busy
cursor and have to wait around for it. So basically this chunk of code
is virtually unusable to me.

The interesting observation for me is that I have a Windows laptop
sitting next to me with an 867 MhZ pentium 3 that has an older
registered version of Revolution on it (specifically 2.2.1). I was able
to copy the same exact 40,000 lines of code on the Windows box from
Word to Revolution in less than 10 seconds. The code in here is
completely editable and features none of the same latency problems.

I'd really appreciate your feedback if anyone has an idea on what is
going wrong here. Is the Mac version of Revolution just that much
slower?

Thanks for your help!

Kevin