Copy/Cut/Paste Edit Menu Questions?

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Fri Apr 21 08:24:40 EDT 2006

Hi,

I've noticed that the copy/cut/paste commands work automatically when
you use the Command-Key short cuts, e.g. if you have an Text Field
and you select the text within it, you can copy or paste into that
field. This seems to work in the IDE and in the Standalone. My first
question is how/where is this action handled? Can I stop this action
happening on certain fields?

My second question is, how do you handle these commands when selected
from the Edit Menu? And how can you disable/enable the edit menu
items depending on which control has been selected?

Any tips on how people have handled this in the past would be greatly
appreciated.

All the Best
Dave