My Student's Problem

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Fri Apr 21 01:22:03 EDT 2006

Well,  here's what my student has to say about it, fixing it, with my
comments below:

"Today I found a problem with my lab 2 where the second card with
animation would not show up after getting called from card 1.  You
said that you would post it to your forums or whatever to get help.
I was able to debug the problem myself and here is the solution in
case someone else runs into the same problem.

The problem is with the play movie command.  Once the move you are
playing ends, the play command does not terminate correctly.  To fix
this you need to tell it to stop playing.

play moviefile "amovie"
pause length of movie
play stop moviefile "amovie"

Hope this helps."

Okay, so he gets an A+++ for solving it, but I do not see this "solution"
in the docs for the  "play" entry.

WHAT???

Any ideas?  Retreating with egg on face...

Judy