Checking if the network has changed

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Apr 20 17:17:25 EDT 2006

On 20 Apr 2006, at 21:11, Alex Tweedly wrote:

<detailed reply snipped>

Alex, a quick thank you. You gave me a lot to think about.

It's not a campus setup but a large corporate (spread widely). But I
suppose the same issues apply. The VPN danger is probably very real.
In this instance, it's for a specific company, so I may be able to
provide a tailored solution. However, it would be nice to have
something generic. The same app runs in some other companies, but
with the server in the company. So this issue hasn't arisen before.

Initially I was looking for a way to automatically discover the
proxy, but I gave up on this, and thought of seeing if the network
had changed instead. Perhaps I should go back and explore the
"discover proxy" route a bit further.

Thanks again.

Dave