Setup a Scrollbar?

Brian Yennie briany at qldlearning.com
Wed Apr 19 17:34:11 EDT 2006

Scott,

I think the trick is that you have to also increase the endValue when
you increase the thumbSize (not very intuitive, I know).
Try this. Set:

startValue: 0
endValue: 100

Now scroll all the way down and check the thumbPosition... it's 67, not
100.

So you probably want something more like:

endValue = 100*( (height of fld 1/(formattedHeight of fld 1 - height of
fld 1))+1)
thumbSize = endValue *(height of fld 1)/(formattedHeight of fld 1)

For example, if you formattedHeight is 150 and your field is 50, you
get:

endValue = 100 * (1 + 50/100) = 150
thumbSize = 150 * (1 / 3) = 50

And so you have a thumb which is 1/3 the height of the scrollbar - same
as the field is 1/3 the height of it's contents.

Hope that helps - !

- Brian