Setup a Scrollbar?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Apr 19 17:11:10 EDT 2006

Recently, Malte Brill wrote:

> try:
>
> startValue: 0
> endValue: formattedheight of fld  - height of fld  - margins of fld (if
> <1 no scroll)
> pageInc: 1
> lineInc: 1
> thumbSize: 1

Thanks Malte -- this is pretty much what I tried.  My problem is getting the
thumb correctly sized so, for example, if the field holds 14 items and the
lines number 15, you get a fairly large thumb, instead of the tiny version
when its size is set to 1.  When I try this:

  set the thumbSize of sb myScroll to \
   trunc(endValue of sb myScroll*(height of fld 1/formattedHeight of fld 1))

...the last lines of the field are not accessible.  Guess I'm wondering what
the correct proportion is.

Thanks & Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director