Installing and Using Revolution as a CGI on Tierra.Net(was Dreamhost)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 18 19:44:02 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:
> Lynn Fredricks wrote:
>
>> If anyone has experience with setting up Rev as a CGI with hosts and can
>> document how to do it in a way that Phil did with Dreamhost, it would be
>> great if you could post it to the CGI forum. Id like to get a couple of
>> polished versions up, that we can "sticky".
>

> I noticed you didn't put my post which is the namesake of this thread
> there, but that's probably just as well as we probably don't really want
> a hundred "sticky" threads up there for all possible hosting services.
>
> It's a two-stepper on any server that's configured properly:  upload the
> file, set the permissions.

Yeah, it's identical for all ISPs. The only problem one might run into
is if a particular ISP hasn't installed all the Apache libraries, and
that is going to vary for every single one of them. But the answer is
always the same: tell them to install the missing libraries.

I have to agree we don't need a batch of sticky threads, since the
process is the same everywhere. Also, I'm not sure why Lynn didn't post
the tutorial link, but thanks for adding it, and thanks to everyone here
who said it was helpful.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com