DreamHost CGI not working...

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Apr 18 17:21:01 EDT 2006

Richard-

>> I changed the name of the engine to "revolution" and it now works.

> Why would the engine care what its name is?

The engine itself doesn't, but the OS does. On one level it's like
creating an applescript and getting the name of the app spelled wrong.

tell "Fnider" ...whatever

On another level, the first comment line in an executable script is a
way of identifying the type of script that will be run. If I find a
script whose first line says "#!perl" then I can be fairly certain
that what follows will be a perl script. And if I find one that says
"#!revolution" then I can be pretty sure that what follows will be
Transcript... er... revolution code.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net