mySQL not working in 2.7 Standalone

Karen Karen at curlypaws.com
Tue Apr 18 13:22:28 EDT 2006

Ton,

There are a couple of places to check - although mySQL is supported
as standard and therefore shouldn't be problematic.  I use altSQLite
and have the drivers in my "My Revolution Studio/Externals" directory
- but you don't need this.

The drivers should also appear in your application directory under
the "2.7.0-gm-1/Runtime" directory for the appropriate operating
system and chipset.  There should be an "Externals" directory within
these directories which should also have the database drivers.
However, these come with Rev for MySQL, so should also be OK.

Finally, you need to check the options in Standalone Applications
Settings...  - I had more luck selecting the "Select inclusions for
the standalone application" and then ensuring that the "Database
Support" checkbox was ticked and the "Database" script library was
selected along with (in your case) "MySQL" option.  But it sounds
like you are already doing that.

I had a similar problem trying to use XML support when building for
Windows from Mac OS X.  Even when I selected it for inclusion
manually, the resultant standalone didn't include it.  I had to
manually copy it to the appropriate place (or manually load it as per
Trevor's suggestion).  There certainly seem to be problems on the
Windows side with getting the various script libraries included and
this may be what you are seeing.  If so, the bug should hopefully be
fixed when 2.7.1 appears.

Karen