flashing using deep mask

Peter T. Evensen pevensen at siboneylg.com
Tue Apr 18 11:02:19 EDT 2006

This happens both on 2.6.1 and 2.7 on Windows XP.  I haven't tried it on
Mac yet.  I have a background png that the player is on top of.  The mask
png is on a different card that is not displayed.

I went with a deep mask so I could switch between two masks without the
window being closed and reopened, but now I get a lot of flashing when I
display a png over the background png or a player over a background png
(and the player doesn't respond to mouse clicks on the controller).

I went back to the one bit masks and now things work (but the window
disappears and reappears -- lock screen and unlock screen seems to have no
effect in this case).