Intel native on Mac

simplsol at aol.com simplsol at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 12:00:09 EDT 2006

Marian,
I recently converted some large (30-40 meg.) HyperCard stacks to Rev. I
used my 1.67 GHz laptop and a 2.0 GHz Intel iMac. Even in Rosetta the
iMac was twice as fast as the laptop. Since the processors are about
the same speed, and since the hard drives are only used briefly to move
the data into memory, I assume the speed increase is because of the
faster RAM and the faster bus.
The future looks fast!
Also, in a week of testing, the only problem I encountered with the
iMac was that it refused to read my flash drive - it's the only
computer to date on which I've had this problem. (Yes, I did try
plugging the flash drive directly into the iMac, as well as the
keyboard.)
Paul Looney