table behaviour

Viktoras Didziulis viktoras at ekoinf.net
Sat Apr 15 05:49:54 EDT 2006

Hi masters of transcript,

some problems with table (spreadsheet), Using Rev. studio 2.7. Seeking your
help again and again, and lots of thanks in advance !

1) when data from tab delimited file is loaded in to a table field I try
editing a cell with value and... when focus is on the cell it shows empty
contents and not the value, so I can not change it.
2) when I change the value of that cell or enter any new value into any cell
 all previously loaded contents dissapear, hmmm...
3) when tab delimited file is loaded into a table some cells, when given
focus on (otherwise they seem empty) shows contents that were entered in
previous work session and most likely were saved with contents of table
field in stack.

It looks like data loaded from a file resides on one "layer" of a table,
while the actual contents of a stack - on another. Are there any settings to
merge those two "layers" into a single? Could anyone please suggest a
working example of an elementary spreadsheet code (or stack) or tutorial how
to create one. I am trying to write field sampling data classification tool.

I am from a "camp" of C/Perl/PHP/JavaScript coders, so the world of
Revolution is a bit like an unexplored territory. Purchased Software at the
speed of thought, still I could not find an example of implementation of
spreadsheet program there :-(.

Thanks in advance for any pointer to any useful resource!
Best wishes
Viktoras