Slideshow with Revolution?

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Apr 14 15:15:54 EDT 2006

Joao,

This is actually not that difficult.
1.) Are you using a player?
2.) If so, is this one and only one soundtrack?

If so then in 'record' mode what you need to do is have a background
object with a "Sync" field and a "Capture" button in it aside from
your next and prev buttons.
Then in the script of the the capture button you can:

on mouseUp
put the currentTime of player "MySoundTrack"  & cr after field "Sync"
go next card
end mouseUp

Then play your soundtrack and hit the button when you want to capture
the time and go to the next card.

Then in playback mode you can store the field "Sync" in a custom
property of the stack and hide the background group for the SYNC
field and Capture button.

So to put the field in the custom prop in the message box type:

put field "Sync" into the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere"

Then in the playyback script you will poll the current time of the
player in a loop and go next page when the
current time reaches the recorded times in your custom prop.

on currentTimeChanged theInterval
if theInterval is in the slideSync of stack "MyStackNameHere" then
go next card
end if
end currentTimeChanged

You will have to deal with your auto start scripts and with the end
of playing etc. but this should get you started.
HTHs

Tom