Slideshow with Revolution?

Joao Candido Portinari jportinari at uol.com.br
Fri Apr 14 14:53:51 EDT 2006

My appreciation to Mark Swindell and Yves Coppe for their prompt reply to my
call for help.

However, their answers do not solve the problem, as the main point stated in
my message was to be able to synchronize the images with a music soundtrack,
that is, to write a script that would issue a command ³go to the next card²
whenever a specified musical event is reached In the soundtrack.

Let me try to be more explicit:

Imagine the music soundtrack is ³You¹ve got a friend²:

>> When you¹re down and troubled
>> And you need a helping hand
>> And nothing, oh nothing is going right.
>> Close your eyes and think of me
>> And soon I will be there
>> To brighten up even your darkest nights.
>>
>> You just call out my name,
>> And you know wherever I am
>> I¹ll come running, oh yeah baby
>> To see you again.
>> Winter, spring, summer, or fall,
>> All you have to do is call
>> And I¹ll be there, yeah, yeah, yeah.
>> You¹ve got a friend.

Now suppose I start playing this 7-slides slideshow, the music starting with
slide 1.
When I reach the word ³helping² in the lyrics above, slide 2 is
automatically shown.
Then, when we reach the word ³eyes², move to the next card, and so on...
The last slide ‹ slide 7 -- must be shown when the lyrics reacj the word
³You¹ve².

In the authoring mode I listen to the music as the slideshow plays, and I
should be able to click ³next slide² every time a specified point (word) in
the lyrics is reached.

In the end, I would have an autoplay slideshow with all slide changes
completely determined by the procedure above, performed in authoring mode.

Thank you in advance for any help you could provide.

Regards,

Joao