When does a Stack Actually Die in the IDE???

Klaus Major klaus at major-k.de
Fri Apr 14 08:18:33 EDT 2006

Hi David,

> Hi,
>
> I have a stack that has:
>
> destroyStack, destroyWindow set to true.
>
> However, when I close it in the IDE (and maybe the standalone,
> haven't tried it?) it seems to still be around, by this I mean that:
>
> if exists(theObjectLongID) = true then
>
> end if
>
> Succeeds and you can call objects inside that stack.
>
>  I then closed it with "Close and Remove from Memory" command, but
> the exists() function still returns true.

the long id of stack xyz

is a file reference actually!

-> stack "/Users/klaus/Desktop/test.rev"

> Is this normal behavior?

Yep :-)

> If so, is there a way if I can tell if an Object is in a closed stack?

Closed mainstack:
put there is a btn "bbb" of cd 1 of stack "/Users/klaus/Desktop/fnn.rev"

-> true

Or in a substack of the closed mainstack:
put there is a btn "bbbsub1" of cd 1of stack "sub1" of stack "/Users/
klaus/Desktop/fnn.rev"

-> true

> Thanks a lot
> All the Best