Custom Properties

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Apr 13 08:59:56 EDT 2006

On Apr 12, 2006, at 10:44 AM, Thomas McGrath III wrote:

> Does anyone have any examples on the get/setProps in real usage? I
> have been using custom props but not the setProp etc. I would love
> some more insightful ideas on it's usage.

My new windowshade control does almost all its work through the
setting of custom properties. It makes linguistic sense to do it that
way:

set the paneTitles of group "myWindowshade" to tSomeList

makes more sense than

send (setPanetitles && tSomeList) to group "myWindowshade"

The latest version of the windowshade control is at:

go stack url "http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/
windowshadecc.rev"

note the two cc's at the end

You can download a zip file at

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/windowshadecc.rev.zip

There have been some bug reports that I can't replicate. For some
people the control works fine, for others apparently not. If it fails
for you please let me know. For testing purposes you can download an
OS X standalone at:

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/windowshade.zip

And a Windows standalone at:

http://www.inspiredlogic.com/windowshade/windowshade.zip

The standalones will help isolate the problem to internal vs.
external issues. There are two buttons in the stack, Test 1 and Test
2. Both, if successful, will display a dialog when they are done.

regards,

Geoff