startup question

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Wed Apr 12 23:12:10 EDT 2006

Stephen Barncard wrote:

> I have a stack startup handler that works fine until it does a 'start
> using' for a library stack, and then immediately needs to use a handler
> in that stack just included.

> What's the best way to allow the lib to load.. and how do I wait or hold
> for it?

Stephen,

I use preOpenStack and openStack handlers in THE CARD SCRIPT of the
stack to effectively handle startup stuff. If you put your start using
code there it should work fine. Startup, for me, is only a necessary
handler when setting the externals of a stack BEFORE the stack loads..as
they can't be set (and used) AFTER the stack loads.

best,

Chipp