Deselecting a line

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Wed Apr 12 22:20:43 EDT 2006

On 4/12/06 6:00 PM, "David Vaughan" <dvk at dvkconsult.com.au> wrote:

> On 13/04/2006, at 8:47, Graham Samuel wrote:
>
>> Thanks to Klaus, Devin and Ken for their replies: both Klaus and
>> Ken pointed out that I need to set the hilitedLines of the field to
>> zero or empty. I hadn't realised that I was necessarily using a
>> list field, but in fact I am, since I see that it means that a
>> single click hilites a whole line, which is what I need for file
>> selections. I simply wanted to deny the user the chance to make a
>> selection in one particular instance (when they hadn't signed up to
>> fully use the program). I guess I was expecting there to be an
>> 'unselect' command.

You could always turn off the autohilite of the list field as well; this
would prevent the user from clicking on a line and having it highlight. When
you want them to be able to do it later, just set the autoHilite of the
field to true.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/