Stats from Google

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Apr 11 21:34:49 EDT 2006

I do some SEO and for those of you with web sites, one of the best
things you can do to help Revolution rate well with Google is to use
*descriptive* text links from your web site to the RunRev web site. The
big question is what do people enter into a Google search when they're
looking for this type of product. It may not be "Revolution" at all.
Once you know what people actually type, using those keywords in the
anchor text of your link will be the most beneficial. The best case
scenario is when a topically-related web site (in this case, software
development) places a one-way, keyword-rich text link to another site
(runrev.com). When all three match, you've done your best. Graphic links
are not of much value from an SEO perspective.

Perhaps if someone from Runtime could let us know which keywords it's
wanting to be ranked well for, those of us with web sites can use those
keywords in our links to them. The home page of their web site does not
appear to have a keyword meta tag (?)

I'll poke around a bit in Wordtracker (a keyword research service) and
see what I can find as well.

Marty Knapp
(my bad if this is of topic . . .)