Recent posts

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Apr 11 13:19:20 EDT 2006

Francis, et al:

> Draw a diagonal line
> across the top of your card deck with a biro, drop the deck on the
> floor, and
> then put the deck back into 100% sequence with NO hassle !  Did it
> often !

The closest I came to punched cards -- until "chaff" became part of the
American political vocabulary -- was when I would visit the City of
Oakland's D.P. Dept.

I always thought the reason BASIC (& COBOL?) program code had line
numbers was one could just run the deck through the sorter if it fell
on the floor.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company