bugs

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Apr 9 16:04:53 EDT 2006

Geoff, et al:

> Well, my international (from an american viewpoint) friend, how about
> this:
>
> on mouseUp -- display the date
>   answer the system date with "OK"
> end mouseUp
>
> The requirements are stated clearly in the comment, so the long date
> is out. The system date should work properly for you, correct?

Yes, the system date meets my requirement.

But I would point out that this is not an international issue per se:

Any user of Windows and MacOSes has the capability of specifying to the
operating system the format in which dates, times, and numbers are
displayed.  In my view, any software that ignores the user's
preferences is flawed, and therefore buggy.  It may be a design bug,
not a bug in the code; but it's a bug to moi.

Since my buddy Bernie isn't on the List, here's a further example at
his expense:

Flexware's A/R Parameter Setup screen worked flawlessly...so long as
the G/L module was not installed OR a Chart of Accounts was set up.  If
the user indicated in the A/R Params that G/L was installed, the setup
would loop endlessly trying to verify the first G/L account # in the
parameters record if there were no COA set up.

Is it a bug that Parameter Setup didn't check for the existence of a
COA when it opened?  By my definition, "yes", even if the specs didn't
call for it.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company