Media word processor question

Jerry Muelver jerry at hytext.com
Sun Apr 9 13:12:51 EDT 2006

Tom, even with a poll, we'd still be left with the dual issues of
specification and implementation. What I'm after is to emulate in
Revolution what I've already done in Windows with WikiWriter
(http://hytext.com/ww), only with slicker cross-platform features.

The idea is fairly simple markup in a text scripting mode, with full
HTML-like display in viewer mode. The purpose is to provide an
easy-to-use collaborative hypertext document production environment. I'm
beginning to see that I will have to create an extensive library of
display kludges (spacer graphics, sliced text controls) just to
duplicate what is already available in any browser. Since Rev 2.7 for
Linux (my development platform) is still in the oven and I can't make
hay without sunshine, I'm leaning toward the easy way out -- wait for
Altuit's altBrowser solution to evolve to cover my problem.

---- Jerry Muelver