bugs

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Apr 9 12:33:28 EDT 2006

Hi Garrett,

> So tell us, did your parents just take up the hind end and accept it
> as normal performance?

Pretty much.

>  Or did they go after the builder?  Take them to court?  Did they win
> in court?

Not to my knowledge, no, & no.

> Was the builder held responsible?

N/A

> Did your parents have to pay to fix the errors?

"Have to", I don't know; "did", some; "lived with it", some.

In some ways it's like software bugs...the walls & roof didn't leak,
the power & plumbing basically worked (once one remembered the faucets
were reversed in one bathroom); so since the basic functionality was
not impaired, they lived with or learned to work around the problems.

FWIW, the house is in Rancho Santa Fe, CA, and is now worth in excess
of six figures.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company