Revolution "software" to black listed nations

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Apr 8 23:26:43 EDT 2006

Sivakatirswami wrote:
> Has anyone studied out carefully the issue of shipping Rev stacks to
> countries on the US state department embargo list?  These being
> currently (found in many typical EULA's)
>
> "Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, military or
> police entities in South Africa, or any other country to which the
> United States has embargoed goods.

I don't know the answer, but it raises two questions:

1. If you don't ship to those countries specifically but post your
products on your web site, and the feds fund an Internet which makes the
products available to countries on their prohibited list, do the feds
arrest themselves?

2. If you hire Halliburton to sell those products to those nations
through their European subsidiaries in an attempt to conceal sanctions
violations as they did with Iraq and still do with Iran, do the feds pay
you a bonus when you overcharge on a no-bid contract?

;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal